In the world of music, the keyboard players and guitarists were the first to incorporate the new technology and started taking music to a new direction. It is now the turn of drummers to embrace the same technology to highlight their skills.
Best Electric Drum Set List – 2017
- Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set with 8″ Snare, 8″ Toms, and 10″ Cymbals
- Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set
- Yamaha DTX450K 10 Customizable Drum Kits Electronic Drum Kit with Yamaha Drum Throne, FIRTH5A Drumsticks and JVC Full Size Headphones
- Yamaha DTX522K Customizable Electronic Drum Kit with 3-Zone Textured Silicone Snare Pad
Welcome to the world of Electronics! It is not a hard and fast rule to get an electric drum set. There are many reasons to select the type of drum set over the other. If noise and price is an issue, and you are still a beginner, then there is no best choice than an electric drum set.
When buying electronic drums, there are several options available in the market. Usually, the selection is based on the number of pieces in the set, the type of pads, the module’s capabilities and above all, the electric drum set price. Based on such various factors, this electronic drum set review will be discussing on the best and recommended electric drum sets for you.
Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set with 8″ Snare, 8″ Toms, and 10″ Cymbals
Alesis Nitro kit is one of the latest additions in the market.
It is a cheap electric drum set but has every feature a drummer would require to play without setting any limits.
It is a complete 8 piece electronic drum kit including powerful Nitro electronic drum module with hundreds of percussion sounds, 40 different kits and 60 built-in play-along tracks.
- Dynamic, comfortable pads for great feel and natural response
- 8″ high quality rubber drum pads (dual-zone snare, three single-zone toms)
- Kick pad tower with bass drum pedal included
- 10″ cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash w/choke
- 4-post aluminum rack-super solid for stability and flexibility
Alesis Nitro Kit does not feel like an acoustic drum but it has lot of features that an acoustic drum doesn’t have. Read the Full Review HERE
Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set
Roland is a top brand in the world of electronic drums.
Their high-end model drums are still unchallenged by other companies. What they call as their mid-range models are on par with the high-end models of other brands.
The Roland TD-11K drum set is a budget model and is perfect for the newbies.
The noteworthy features are
- Each drum can be virtually tuned
- Ambience setting can be adjusted
- Fast and easy recording is enabled by quick record button
- There are many percussion sounds
- This kit has the same Behaviour modelling and Supernatural Sound engine technology used in high-end drums.
- The mesh pad used in this drum, the PDX-8 snare gives a realistic feel than any rubber pad.
- The KD-9 kick pad gives a better feel and has a sturdy mount that reduces trembling.
This drum is a serious option and it is a great practising kit. But it comes with a price. So, if price is not an issue, then you have selected the right one. Read the Full Review HERE
Yamaha DTX450K 10 Customizable Drum Kits Electronic Drum Kit with Yamaha Drum Throne, FIRTH5A Drumsticks and JVC Full Size Headphones
Among Yamaha’s top specialities, Drums occupy a special place.
The DTX line of Yamaha drums are becoming popular each day.While the baseline model of this Yamaha series is Yamaha DTX400K, the Yamaha DTX450K is an upgraded version of Yamaha DTX400K.
The look of this drum may not be impressive, but the performance is par excellence.
- 5” Drum pad
- 10” cymbals
- 10 Kits
- A separate training function for the benefit of beginners
- USB connectivity for downloading songs
- For ultra-quiet playing, a silent kick unit
- 3-zone snare for rim shots
- Bass drum pad for allowing a double kick pedal
- And the advanced HH65 Remote Hi-hat controller
If you are on a look out for a good electronic drum for serious practising and teaching, then this is the one for you. Read the Full Review HERE
Yamaha DTX522K Customizable Electronic Drum Kit with 3-Zone Textured Silicone Snare Pad
The Yamaha DTX522K is an updated version of the Yamaha DTX500 series.
Yamaha made a lot of improvements in this drum.
The trigger response is fine-tuned, the memory of the drum was doubled to accommodate 250 more instruments to the sound module, and the realism of cymbal swells and snare rolls was greatly improved.
- Free iOS apps to easily customize and import songs
- 50 kits
- 3-zones of expression on ride, crash, and hi-hat cymbal pads
- XP80 3-zone textured silicon snare pad with realistic feel, dynamics, and rimshots
- Provides 691 drum and percussion sounds + layer and import options
- Cymbal mute before striking
This is a solid drum set and the best for not only practising but also for those who want to enrich their talent. Read the Full Review HERE
While people prefer electronic drums for various reasons, here are some of the top reasons for selecting an electric drum pad.
- Portability: This is the factor that an acoustic drum cannot beat. The portability and compactness of an electronic drum is unbeatable. These kits occupy less space and weigh less and is the best option for taking it along, anywhere you want. When your practice is over, you can just fold it and keep it.
- Perfect way to Practice: At some point or the other, drummers get complaints from neighbours for the “noise” factor. While this can’t be controlled in acoustic drums, electronic pads give a practice pad quite volume for hearing the sound through headphones. Convenient, isn’t it?
- Convenient Recording: One can edit the performance and adjust the timing/sound to suit the recording. Editing an entire performance or a part of it, is a very easy process when compared to the acoustic guitars. As the recording is captured as MIDI, editing is very straight forward.
- Versatility: Electronic drum kits have a range of sounds in store and are ideal for the drummers who work in a variety of styles. As there is no need for setting up mics, the setup is easy and the volume becomes easier to control.
The above sets of electronic drums are the favourite options for this year, 2016. While these drums are priced at different ranges, they have their own advantages and disadvantages. These new electronic kits are quite good for a variety of applications, including practice, teaching, recording, live performance, and more.
Though this review is as objective as it can get, our best advice would be to do your own research to find a drum set that suits you and your style of playing.
- 1 Best Electric Drum Set List – 2017
- 2 Alesis Nitro Kit | Electronic Drum Set with 8″ Snare, 8″ Toms, and 10″ Cymbals
- 3 Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set
- 4 Yamaha DTX450K 10 Customizable Drum Kits Electronic Drum Kit with Yamaha Drum Throne, FIRTH5A Drumsticks and JVC Full Size Headphones
- 5 Yamaha DTX522K Customizable Electronic Drum Kit with 3-Zone Textured Silicone Snare Pad
- 6 Conclusion